How Waste Recycling Can Save This Planet?

As more and more people add technology into everyday life, the need to recycle e-waste is even more critical. It is said that electrical appliances are currently one of the fastest-growing industries in waste recycling. Most people know that the technologies we use, from computers to microwaves to televisions, contain specific amounts of substances that are very harmful to the environment.

People are now buying more electronic products than ever before. Newer and faster technologies are being introduced every day, leading to constant upgrades of electronic devices. This means that now old models of computers, mobile phones and gaming systems are constantly being rejected—electronic waste as e-waste, a term used to describe these unwanted electronic products. Please keep reading to learn more about electronic waste disposal and why recycling is the best choice for you and our planet.

E-waste is the fastest-growth waste stream in the world

We live in an outdated world where electronic devices can be easily removed as newer and more attractive products come to market. As a result, e-waste has become the fastest growing waste stream globally, with 50 million tons of e-waste expected to be generated by printers, hard drives and servers.

E-waste contains toxic chemicals

Despite the increase in electronics consumption, only 20% of the world’s electronic waste is formally recycled. In comparison, the remaining 80% is incinerated or disposed of in landfills, which can negatively affect the environment. Electronic devices comprise toxic materials, such as mercury and lead, and other harmful chemicals that, if not correctly discharged, can contaminate air and soil and absorb water resources.

E-waste contains recyclable materials

Waste recycling electronic equipment at the end of its life is essential to protect the environment. But did you know that almost all e-waste also contains recyclable material that can be used to make new products? Glass, plastics and metals such as gold, aluminum and copper are all extracted from old electronics and reused to make new ones.

Waste recycling protects the earth’s natural resources

The recovery and recycling of materials from electronic waste reduces the need to extract them from the ground and helps conserve natural resources worldwide. Metal deposits in e-waste are 40 to 50 times richer than ore mined. Therefore, recycling precious metals can save the earth’s resources and create a more efficient way to mine them.

Electronic waste contains hazardous materials, including brominated flame retardants, cadmium, chromium, lead, and mercury. If these devices are not held accountable, where will they go? When we sit in a landfill, these hazardous substances can leak into our soil, water and food.

Many organizations are struggling with this problem and making good progress, but we still have a long way. In the traditional linear material model, products are made from raw materials, sold and distributed to consumers, and are likely to be dumped when the items are no longer usable. ACE Recycling is fitted with all modern components to protect you from such threats. So you will have peace of mind that no one can access your data at any position.

Related Articles